Friday, June 13, 2008

fRiDaY tHe tHiRtEeNtH

Today is Friday. Friday the thirteenth. My alarm went off at 8:00. I rolled over and hit the snooze with a touch of violence.

I had planned to get up early and get some work done so that I would have less this afternoon. My first class wasnt until 11:30, so I decided to snooze for a while. Well at somepoint I went one step further than pushing snooze, and I turned the phone (my alarm clock) off...

I awoke again, and thinking a half hour had probably passed, I just laid there and looked at the ceiling, enjoying the moment. I rolled over and glanced at the clock...... 11:15. I need to be out of my apartment and on the road at 11:15 in order to make it to my class on time.

I jumped out of bed, showered, brushed my teeth did my hair, put on some clothes, and even printed out todays homework.

I ran up the stairs where my bike was parked and in pure humility (for that is the only way my bike can be ridden) I flew down the street, turned right, went up the hill, turned left, went down the hill turned right onto the campus sidewalk and gave it all I had for the next 100 yards till I arrived at the bike rack. I went in the side door, up the 1st flight of stairs, up the second, up the third and up the fourth. I rounded the corner with a slow jog down the hall, turned left and headed for the last door on the right. Beleive it or not, Sister Davenport was just barely saying "Welcome class, who would like to say our opening prayer."

Stepping inside, I shattered the silence with my heavy breathing and found my way to my seat which is conveniently at the very front of the classroom. As I sat down and tried to blend into the wall, the tempurature of the warm room, after being outside in the cold, combined with my increased body heat created a wonderful sticky feeling, and fogged up my glasses.

I decided to excuse myself, and went to the bathroom where I removed my shirt and just stood for a while until my pulse was no longer the speed of a rabbit's.

I walked into class a second time, walked to the front, and blended into the wall. All in all, a nice morning.

3 comments:

Tara said...

oh gosh Alex....only YOU could pull that off. My question is...did you have time to make your bed??
love, mom

Anonymous said...

hey man whats up? sounds like college is going great. well it looks like you arrived with plenty of time. you should try and wake up at 11:20 next time and see if you can still make it on time lol haha jk

Alex Martinsen said...

Treyson, you the freakin man. I have said it once, and Ill say it again, I am glad there is someone like you in the ward where my sister and my Cate are.

Your one of the few guys I would let them date ;)